Mission & Philosophy
Mission of St. Raymond School
St. Raymond Catholic School is a community of faith dedicated to preparing and promoting successful students. Continuing in our tradition of excellence, students are challenged through rigorous academic, social and spiritual learning experiences. St. Raymond students are responsible for their learning, their actions and their impact on society.
Philosophy of St. Raymond School
St. Raymond School is a community united in the Catholic faith. We believe that parents have the primary responsibility for the formation of their children's Christian values. In partnership with parents, teachers and staff are professional educators who support, enhance and complement the education of the whole child. The school fosters a safe learning environment and designs curriculum that promotes academic discovery and encourages active learning.
The faculty holds to teaching the values, heritage, and traditions of the Catholic Church and provides opportunities to participate in prayer and charitable works. Our curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop self-esteem, mutual respect, and an appreciation for diversity. We encourage academic excellence and offer our students a positive and caring environment. Our goal is for our students to function effectively and responsibly so that they may be prepared to live productively in our Church, society and culture.
Student Learning Expectations
Expectation 1: Active Christians (AC)
- I have a relationship with Jesus through prayer, scripture, and service.
- I show I am a follower of Jesus through my words and actions.
Expectation 2: Life Long Learners (LLL)
- I am prepared, organized, curious, and excited to learn.
- I work both independently and cooperatively.
- I use technology as a tool to learn and communicate ideas.
Expectation 3: Effective Communicators (EC)
- I listen respectfully to the ideas, feelings, and opinions of other.
- I express my feelings and ideas clearly and in a positive manner.
- I solve problems using conflict resolution.
Expectation 4: Socially Responsible Citizens (SRC)
- I respect my family, school, community and world.
- I take responsibility for my words, actions, and choices.
St. Raymond Graduates are Persons Who:
Active Christians (AC) who
- Participate in liturgy
- Possess at least a basic knowledge of scripture, teachings of the Church, and how to use the Bible
- Demonstrate the Christian values of compassion, justice, and respect for self and others
- Use the Christian values to make moral choices
Life Long Learners (LLL) who
- Desire to learn
- Work both independently and cooperatively and understand when each is appropriate
- Apply organizational and study skills
- Think critically and creatively
- Appreciate the arts, sciences, and world cultures
Effective Communicators (EC) who
- Articulate ideas and opinions clearly and confidently
- Listen critically and respectfully
- Express written thoughts clearly
- Cooperatively approach problems using conflict resolution techniques
Socially Responsible Citizens (SRC) who
- Protect the dignity, rights, and property of themselves and others
- Deeply understand the importance of family and friends
- Make healthy choices in order to maintain spiritual, mental, social, and physical well-being
- Demonstrate concern for local, national, and global issues through education and action
- Assume responsibility for actions and choices
- Respect and care for the environment