Catholic Elementary Principals Sought for Archdiocesan Schools
Archdiocese of San Francisco
Department of Catholic Schools
Job Posting - Principal
School Name: St. Raymond School
School Address: 1211 Arbor Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025
School Background: St. Raymond School is a Junior Kindergarten through 8th grade coeducational school that serves approximately 300 students with a full-time faculty and staff. St. Raymond’s program is grounded in its mission and school philosophy that "St. Raymond School is a family united by our Catholic tradition. Faculty and staff partner with parents, the parish, and the community to support our students in becoming stewards of faith and curious learners who effect positive impact on their immediate and global communities.” St. Raymond School is located in Menlo Park California and was founded in 1954.
Contact Person: Fr. Daniel Syverstad, OP: email@example.com
Position Title: Principal
Position Type: Full-time, exempt, benefited
Job Description: General Duties and Responsibilities - The principal provides leadership in the development and direction of an instructional program designed to achieve Archdiocesan and parish objectives. S/he is responsible for the complete operation of the school, including all its approved functions and services. Responsibilities include implementation of Archdiocesan and school advisory council policies
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Hold a valid California Standard Teaching Credential.
- Have a minimum of five years of experience in teaching and/or in administration with Catholic school experience
- Have attained one or both of the following: Masters degree in an educational field and/or an California administrative credential*
- Be certified as a catechist at the basic level**
- Have a deep commitment to the Catholic life of the school
- Have demonstrated expertise in the area of curriculum and technology in the classroom
- Be adept at inspiring teachers and galvanizing them around the pursuit of educational excellence.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be adept at building and maintaining relationships
*Principals who are not in possession of both educational qualifications, must complete the requirement within a three year period of time from the date of hire
** Principals who are not in possession of basic certification in religion, must have completed the process before they start their position.
Application Instructions: Complete the official application from the Department of Catholic Schools (DCS). Establish a personnel file with the DCS (applicants with existing DCS personnel files are required to create a new file). Attend an introductory/prescreening interview with the Department of Catholic School’s Human Resources Manager
Application materials may be downloaded from the official DCS website by clicking on the following link: www.sfarchdiocese.org/employment
The requested material plus a letter of interest should be returned to:
Human Resources Manager
Department of Catholic Schools
One Peter Yorke Way
San Francisco, CA 94109-6602
Completing the application process does not guarantee an interview for a principal position, nor does it assure hiring as a principal in the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
Salary is determined according to Archdiocesan guidelines and is based upon experience as a teacher or administrator and graduate education. Medical, dental and retirement are included as part of the benefit package.
St. Raymond School adheres to the following policy:
“All school staff of Catholic schools of the Archdiocese of San Francisco shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin.” (Administrative Handbook #4111.4)